New SWIS Suite Features in SWIS 5.9 Release
May 30 marks the first in what will be a series of upcoming releases as we pave the way for a new mobile application! As soon as we’re ready to share all the juicy details about this exciting new application, we’ll post it here. Stay tuned! Until then, here is what you can expect from Tuesday’s release.
See Who Can Access the SWIS Suite in Your Building
Do you know who has access to your building’s SWIS Suite data? Could you name all of the people? Now you don’t have to keep that information in your head. We made the list of everyone with access to your school's account available to you from anywhere inside the SWIS Suite. Click the name of your school in the top right-hand corner and click the User Management button. The list opens by default with two columns: Name and Username. You have the option to add other columns to the list including:
- SWIS Role: The user’s access level to SWIS data
- CICO Role: The user’s access level to CICO-SWIS data
- ISIS-SWIS Role: The user’s access level to ISIS-SWIS data
- Last PBISApps Login: The last time the user logged in to access any PBISApps application
For now, this is just a list you can view. In the coming weeks, we’ll add some functionality to the User Management screen. If you see any surprises on the list, contact your SWIS facilitator to make any changes.
Know Your User Access Level
Some parts of the SWIS Suite are only accessible to specific user roles. For example, if you have Reporter access to your school's SWIS account, you won't have access to the new User Management screen. How do you know your own access level? Now, you can find out by going to Account Settings and clicking Profile.
Who’s Your Billing Contact?
No matter where your school’s invoice goes, we need you to tell us that name an email address of the person at your school who deals with billing. Most schools have a billing contact identified. For those of you without one, when you log in, you’ll see a prompt asking you to set up your school’s billing contact. This doesn’t change where your invoice goes; it just gives us a piece of information we’re missing in our database.
You have three options when you see this prompt:
- Select the billing contact at your school and click Save.
- Log out.
- Skip it for now and enter the billing contact when you have the person’s information in front of you. Note: You can skip this step three times. After that, you will have to enter a billing contact for your building.