In this episode of Expert Instruction: The Teach by Design Podcast, we’re talking about stress – specifically the stress so many adults in education feel right now. Our guests are Susan Barrett and Dr. Kimberly Yanek from the Center for Social Behavior Support at Old Dominion and the Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. Together, they will share tangible strategies for tackling problems at the system level that contribute to the stress so many in education feel right now. They’ve even got some solutions to start implementing today!
For more information about some of the resources mentioned in this episode, check out these links:
- The Burnout Epidemic by Jennifer Moss
- Guidance and resources for supporting schools during and after crisis from the TA Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Resource mapping activity (aka Initiative Inventory)
- Practice Brief: Building a Culture of Staff Wellness Through Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- PBIS Forum session recording: Building a Culture of Staff Wellness Through Multi-tiered System of Supports