The SWIS Community of Practice is coming to the national PBIS Leadership Forum in Chicago this week! If you are a SWIS facilitator, user, or simply interested in getting to know SWIS better please join us. You will hear from experts and fellow teachers and have the chance to network, problem-solve and ask questions.
What is a Community of Practice?
- A group of people who share a common concern, a set of problems, or interest in a topic and who come together to fulfill both individual and group goals.
- Focus on sharing best practices and creating new knowledge to advance a domain of professional practice.
- Specific purpose and goals inform the appropriate activities and technologies that should support it.
Our Community of Practice provides a way for local and regional facilitators to come together and share ideas and resources, as well as discuss and navigate common issues associated with training and supporting users. This group, the collaborative sessions, and the topics are shaped by your input as we move forward and the community grows.
What Happens at a Community of Practice Meetup?
- Connect with local facilitators to share experiences, brainstorm new ideas, and problem-solve as a community
- Learn about new updates from PBISApps
- Engage in facilitated discussions around given topics
- Identify reliable resources
- Engage in a Q&A discussion and network with facilitators in your area
- Help pick topics for upcoming Community of Practice sessions
Friday, October 28
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
PBIS Leadership Forum
Chicago Hilton, Buckingham Room
It's not too late to attend the PBIS Leadership Forum and join us for our Community of Practice, onsite registration is available.